What to Pack in your Wedding Day Event Kit
For the weddings we coordinate we bring along our amazing event kit, filled with everything we might need to troubleshoot, fix, glue or plug in at a wedding. It weighs an absolute tonne but its pure gold when it comes to the realities of what crops up at a wedding and how often we use it.
Having your own mini version would be really helpful for any DIY bride wanting to make sure they are not having to dash to woollies to buy batteries or blu tak the morning of their wedding.
It depends a little bit on where your wedding is held (eg marquee in a paddock or a function centre) as to what you might need to pack, but I recommend taking a look at what hire or styling items you have planned for your set up and pack anything you may need to work with them.
We have put together a comprehensive list, but you certainly won’t need to have all of these, just pick and choose the most important ones.
- Tape- white, black, green, red, double-sided, sticky and gaffa
- Blu Tak
- Nails- small and large
- Screws- different sizes
- Thumb Tacks and Safety Pins
- Butterfly Clips
- Hooks, Chalk, Sewing Pins and First Aid Kit
- Cable ties- different sizes and colours
- Hammer, Mallet, Screwdriver (Phillips and Flat)
- Cutters, Shifter, Scissors, Stanley Knife
- Tape Measure
- Torch, Spare Candles
- Candle Lighter
- Thin Wire, Twine, Rope, Fishing Line
- Extension Leads, Double Adaptors
- Power Boards, Batteries
- White Ribbon
- Spray and Wipe and Cloths
- Paper Towels
- Insect Repellent
- Bottle Openers
- Pens, Paper, Tissues, Chewing Gum/Mints
- Large strong bin bags- Roll